It’s fiesta time all year round when you have tacos, guacamole, and some zest and chipotle! In the middle of this pandemic, you can enjoy fresh plantbased tacos with your household by introducing a new plantbased meat – walnuts and tofu mix!
This eclectic taco brings the topping favorites – roasted corn, cilantro, and onion along with a spices that are anti-inflammatory. Best part of this recipes is that it’s cholesterol free and has a burst plant based protein, fiber, calcium, and more!
If you are wondering about the texture, the bites feel like roasted beef and it tastes and feels roasted since I brown the base in the oven.
Fiesta Walnut Tacos
- baking sheet
- food processor
- mixing bowl
- 1 block soft/medium tofu (16oz/1lb)
- 2 cups whole walnuts
- 4 tablespoons braggs amino soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons 1-2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Pulse walnuts into food processor until the mixture is evenly grounded.
- 3. Drain Tofu in a strainer for 10 minutes and pat down with a towels to absorb moister. Use masher or large fork to finely break a apart tofu resembling ground meat. Mash until consistent and fully processed.
- 4. Place processed walnuts and tofu in a large bowl, add spices above and mix evenly.
- 5. Transfer to a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping plantbased meat halfway through to prevent burning
- 6. Serve with frozen roasted corn, cilantro, white onions, lime, and guacamole in a corn tortilla or mixed qunioa and leafy greens. Enjoy!