We love peanut butter and jam but we prefer to avoid the added sugar whenever possible. Have you ever looked on the nutrition facts of the jam that you buy? There is refined sugar in almost every single store bought jam. One of the purposes of the sugar is not only to make it sweeter but to also make the jam much thicker, giving it a consistency that is the opposite of water.
This recipe only calls for 3 ingredients! We use the chia seeds to make it thickened but the sugar is all from the dates and strawberries.
No added sugar!!
Now we wanna dance because its so healthy!!!
Homemade Strawberry Jam
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 dates
- Get fresh or frozen strawberries and cut them in halves
- Place it into sauce pan and cook for 10 minutes
- Add chia seeds into the pot and mix well
- Take dates apart and throw away the pit. Place the chia seeds in to the jam
- Continue swirling for another 5 minutes on low heat