Purple Yam Chips
This is a simple recipe to make a fiber filled snack. Most of the time spent on this recipe will be watching the yams cook in the oven!
- food processor
- 3 large Purple Yam
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Using food processor, slice your purple yam into equally thin/thick slices
- Place slices in a bowl and mix with spices from ingredients
- Bake in oven for about 50minutes at 350 degrees F
- Flip chips over about 25 minutes, keep chips in oven until crispy and edges have curled up
If you want them chewy, take them out of the oven sooner. If you want them crispy, can bake them at a longer time. We made them without oil and they tasted so good and crispy.
Calories: 1503kcalCarbohydrates: 353gProtein: 20gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 123mgPotassium: 10282mgFiber: 52gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 2170IUVitamin C: 215.5mgCalcium: 234mgIron: 7.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!