Roasted Beet Hummus
This colorful hummus is an eyecatcher and perfect for snacks.
- food processor
- lemon zester
- 1 can chickpeas 15 ounce can (rinse with water and drain)
- 1 large lemon zest
- 1/2 large lemon juiced
- 1 pinch salt optional
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- 1 small beet
- Heat to 375F. May wrap in foil and drizze 1 tsp olive oil. Roast Beet for 60 minutes or until easy to slice: Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
- Add beet hummus to your favorite vegetable snack (cucumber, carrots, etc). May keep in the fridge for 1 week.
Calories: 89kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 2gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 29mgPotassium: 101mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 17mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!