Savory Chickpea Pancake
This a hearty breakfast option with colorful veggies mixed into this delicious pancake.
- 1 medium sized skillet
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bellpepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional
Savory Sesame Sauce
- 3 tbsp braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tsp sesame
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp rice wine vinegar (may use 1 tbs of lemon juice)
- 1/2 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat skillet over medium heat with 1/8 tsp of olive/coconut/avocado oil
- Whisk together the chickpea flour, garlic powder, salt, peppers, baking powder in small bowl
- Add the water and whisk well until no clumps remain. Depending on the flour, you may need less water. Start with ½ cup and add as needed.
- Stir in your chopped vegetables of choice. I used red and orange bellpeppers. You may use spinach, carrots, or your other favorites.
- Pour on all of the batter and quickly spread it out all over the
pan. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on one side (timing will depend on how hot
your pan is), until you can easily slide a pancake flipper/spatula under
the pancake and it's firm enough not to break when flipping. Flip pancake
carefully and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until lightly golden. Be sure
to cook for enough time as this pancake takes much longer to cook compared
to regular pancakes.
- Serve on a large plate and top with your desired toppings: salsa, avocado, hummus, almond feta, olives, fresh herbs, sautéed greens or
mushrooms – be creative!
Savory Sesame sauce
- Stir in all the ingredients listed
- Drizzle lightly on you pancake according to your liking.
Serving: 6gCalories: 52kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 3gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 584mgPotassium: 101mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 20IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 17mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!